It Begins With A Thought

Several years ago I told a Women's Ministries pastor at our church that I hoped to be a public speaker some day. 

"Interesting" she said.  "What are you going to write about?"

"Oh, I'm not any good at that.  I'm not a writer." I replied.

"Yes you are!  If you have something to say, you have something to write."

That thought really stuck with me.  How I Met Your Mother wasn't on TV back then, but if it had been I might have replied with "Challenge accepted!  Later ...?"  The thought overwhelmed me a bit at the time (still does, truth be told), so I shelved it .... put it way down at the bottom of my Bucket List.

Fast forward to present day.  My boss took me to lunch recently to talk about a 5 year career plan that makes my tail wag.  Happily, it involves a lot of public speaking .... and a lot of writing.  Time to work on the Bucket List and sharpen my writing skills.  Oooooh!  New project + right time = exciting!  Knowing that I'm normally a "Ready, fire, AIM!" kind of person when I get excited about new projects, I laid out some attainable goals with time lines in place to set myself up for success (here's where you come in!)  The first thing on the list is:

1. Blog.  For real.

And here we are.  Can I write?  Who knows?  Not yet.  Maybe?  Meh.  Time will tell. But I'm all about new adventures and with the kids heading off to college and life settling down, this seems like a great time to find out. 

I read a great quote the other day.  "Writing is like a muscle.  The more you exercise it the stronger it becomes."  If you can bear with me while I lift the 5 lb weights, maybe we'll get to some 45's down the road.  Anyway, there will be pictures in the meantime.  LOTS of pictures. Promise. 

So with Blogging For Dummies on the desk before me, a glass of wine, and without further adieu, I welcome you officially to Moum's Musings.  Let's do this!

Me!


1 comments:

  1. 1.) You're gorgeous 2.) You're stinkin' amazing 3.) Can't wait to read more 4.) Oh, crap, OCD just set in... talk more later 5, 6, ....

    ReplyDelete